Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Letter From the BISHOP!

coat of armsOkay, so although I do not have the slip of paper in my hands saying that I will be in Rome in the fall of '11, Bishop Jenky did write a letter of recommendation and sent it off to be signed by the Apostolic Nuncio (the ambassador to the US from the Vatican) and it is being sent off to the Angelicum!
Nothing is impossible for God Lk 1:37

Needless to say, I am very excited. This is a big step and now all I need is a visa to study there.

In order to get a visa, there's a ton of paper pushing and blah blah blah. First step though, finding a place to live in Rome. Right now I am working on finding a cheap place and it seems promising. Then I have to prove that I can pay for it all.....

I am still kind of in shock that I will be in another country, God willing, in the fall, for four years. This is just so unexpected, so unasked for, so past what my thoughts were. I know that if I go, my life will be radically changed in a way I didn't expect, it's impossible for it not to. There's too much that happens in four years even if you aren't in a completely foreign land. Who knows (but God himself) what will come of all this. Not that I knew before what would happen, but it seems that even the "probably"s are "not"s and the "possibilities" aren't even though of. I could end up teaching at a seminary or finding a religious order in Europe, or helping in some small way to unite the Orthodox...those Russians.....


No comments:

Post a Comment