Friday, January 28, 2011

Pontifical University of St. Thomas Aquinas....Happy Feast Day!

The school that I would like to study at is having it's patrons feast day today....in honor of that I wanted to share a little something that the Holy Father said
I have loved learning all of my life, I love reading blah blah blah...nerd nerd nerd. Anyway....St. Thomas is one of the most brilliant people I have ever read, and I love his works especially because at times they challenge me quite a bit (no kidding whew!) but more than his explinations of the faith, I have loved his music, his Eucharistic hymns. They speak more to WHO St Thomas KNEW rather than just WHAT he knew; a love that compelled him more than any purely intellectual endeavor. One of my favorites, Adoro te Devote, speaks very eloquently of our Eucharistic Lord and our own human reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment